“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”
I love that quote. Life has dealt me my fair share of crapola. But I can't do anything about that and holding onto it isn't helping anyone.
It took me a long time to come to grips with it all. God gives you trials to strengthen you and to help you grow into the future He has planned for you. If you focus on only the bad, you can't see the good.
Looking at my life now I can see that I am constantly surrounded by good. I have so many blessings that I am worried God will stop and think I am getting more than my fair share. When bad things happen, I am lucky that I have a supporting husband and a fairly positive support system I can turn to. I am still working on it because my initial response to everything is to be a negative Nancy and freak out. It bothers my ever so positive mother in law ;) But I am working on it, and that's what counts.
That's why the song "Count Your Blessings" is one of my favorites.
It's not until you make a list of your blessings that I think you are truly aware of just how lucky you are.
I have so many blessings, that when I sat down to write this I had to slow my brain down! I have so many more blessings than are listed here and I am truly grateful for each and every one of them.
- Daniel and I found each other.
- We both sincerely love each other.
- We had Grace.
- We have our faith.
- Daniel has a good & stable job.
- We have a roof over our head.
- We are able to provide for our family.
- We are able to get some things we want, as well as all the things we need.
- I have great in-laws.
- Grace is a happy baby.
- Grace is, by comparison, a very easy baby.
- Daniel and I are both smart and capable.
- Daniel and I both have a strong sense of responsibility.
- Our time apart is only making us stronger.
- We are worthy to enter the temple to be sealed in December.
- Daniel provides well enough for us that I am able to stay at home with Grace.
- We have a car.
- We have people who co-signed for said car.
- We have people in our lives who are willing to help us move with a months notice.
- My grandma.
- We can afford food.
- We have clothes.
- We have running water.
- We have HEAT!
- Ice cream exists.
- Cookies exist.
- Most importantly: Daniel, Grace, and I are all healthy!