I have a ton of irrational fears. That is what Daniel calls them. However, I can provide rational for every single one, so I don't think that means they are irrational...but I digress.
- Anytime I see a dark spot on the carpet, I immediately freak out. I will go grab half of the paper towels, sometimes the whole roll if it's a big dark spot, and run to it, scoop it up as fast as I can and run it outside into the trash can. Sometimes, when I feel brave, I will look and see what kind of bug it is...Not gonna lie to you, sometimes the big dark spot is lint, or a drop of food, or a rock. But still...it could have been a big scary spider trying to lay eggs in my brain. YOU NEVER KNOW.
- I double, triple and quadruple check all windows, doors, cupboards and closets in the house before I go to sleep. Even the tiny itty bitty window in our bathroom. And when I get into bed, I make Daniel go check. I once watched a movie with a guy who could disguise himself into the walls so you didn't notice him and then when you went to sleep he'd attack. That scares the poop out of me, so I check. All. The. Time. YOU NEVER KNOW.
- I am TERRIFIED of flying. Like...terrified. 9/11 seriously scared the shi-bulba out of me. I was 11 years old when it happened and it has stuck with me. I also watched Final Destination once and well, shoot, that just made it worse. I try VERY hard not to fly if I can drive there instead. When I am in a plane, I have a near panic attack when taking off and landing. I have literally had to take medication before. YOU NEVER KNOW.
- I check all the rooms, closets and cupboards the moment I enter a house. Like, before I even get Gracie out of the car seat. If I need to make a fast getaway, I can't be worried about tracking down a crawling Gracie. I've watched CSI--I know how that'd go down. YOU NEVER KNOW.
- I check under toilet seats in any public restroom for any kind of spiders. I saw a magazine article where a lady got bit by one and DIED three days later. Soooo, I check and I try really hard to not use public restrooms as much as possible because I also read a story about how a person got HIV from one. YOU NEVER KNOW.
- When Grace and I were living on our own at here before Daniel moved off the baracks, I slept in the living room on the pull-out couch. Even though I had a brand new bed. Why? Because in my living room I can see all three doors. So if someone is gonna try to break in and take advantage of the fact that my husband isn't home to defend me, I am gonna bust out one of the other doors with my baby before anything bad happens. I feel like I always have an escape plan because YOU NEVER KNOW.
I have more but I think it's becoming obvious that I watch too many movies...