But holy cow.
It took a LONG time to cut those suckers out. Good thing my friend had a 12x12 cutting board so I was able to just ZIP, ZIP, ZIP, ZIP with a rotary cutter. But man, it still took a LONG time. Not only do you have to cut the front and back of the shirt, you have to make sure that the cut matches up with the designs. So you have to individually cut EACH. STINKIN'. ONE. PLUS the flannel that goes in between.
IT. TOOK. FOREEEEVEEER.
After I was done cutting these suckers out I took a day or two. I didn't even want to look at the darn thing. Again: TOOK. FOREVEEERRRR.
after that it was smooth sailing. You just pinned the sides together and zip, zip. Then when it's all sewn together you cut the edges. The more you wash it the more fluffy it will be. I hadn't washed this one yet, I figured I would let them wash it and get their desired fringe fluffiness.
This is what the back looks like. I can't find my picture of the front. DARN IT! But man, getting the designs all centered was a PAIN. I had to choose what was going to be cut off and that was stressful. But all in all it turned out pretty cool.
All that freaking fringe KILLED my hand.
I then had my friend embroider this on one of the back squares.
It turned out pretty cool! VERY easy to make. It will be fun to make one of these for Daniel one day, or the kids.